Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Municipio Roma 2 - Rome week 28



We had a busy and crazy week this past week.  It was transfer week and A LOT happened.

To start off on, Thursday was transfer day.  I helped a lot of the sister missionaries get to the train station so they could get to their next destination. I met my new companion, Sorella Barnes, she is from Centerville, Utah and has been in the mission for about 5 months. I moved into a new apartment and now instead of 6 sisters in an apartment with me its just the 4 sisters. I really enjoy being in 4. Our apartment is very cute!!!


With my new leadership assignment as STL (Sister Training Leader) I had a lot of meetings this past week. We had a meeting with the mission president and all of the other leaders in the mission to see how we can help the
mission be better and how we can do missionary work more effectively. I have been making the schedule for all of the sisters in the visitor center. I am also helping the sisters with any difficulty they may have.


A few days ago my companion and I had an appointment to meet a lady who had seen and visited with sister missionaries 3 years ago. She directed us to her house and when we arrived it looked like an apartment building but it turned out that it was a hospital. This lady seemed fine. When we entered the building the lady pointed to a nurse (who was putting on gloves) and said it was her best friend, we thought it was strange but we continued to follow her. I found it interesting that we did not have to check in to the place and the lady was whispering to us. We went to the elevator and she said she lived on the 5th floor.  She was trying to press the button but kept on hitting the ground floor button.  Then she hit the 7th and 8th floors and my companion helped out by pressing the 5th floor and off we went.  We finally ascended to the 5th floor and once we got into a hallway we noticed all these very weird paintings of people. These paintings were of people with overly sized heads and small bodies and they were serious - seriously scary and weird. We finally went inside her room and the lady said it was her house; it was a hospital room with a bed and stuff in it; the lady just kept babbling. 

After some time we tried sharing a message with her about Jesus Christ and she randomly got so mad at me. She realized that wasn't the same sister missionary as 3 years ago and she didn't like me because of my skin color and hair color; which is weird.  She did say that my companion was the same but my companion said that she was not there 3 years ago.  The lady got mad.  She started saying that I was saying things I never said like "let's go" in Italian. She then go really mad with my companion and growled at her like a dog and the lady had a huge cane in her hands. I thought she was going to hurt my companion. I felt uncomfortable so I prayed in my heart. This lady was crazy! 
I got up to leave and she said we couldn't leave unless she told us to. So I said well we are missionaries and you do not want to hear our message about Christ so we need to go. She got more upset, she said that we only want to talk about Jesus Christ but that she just wanted friends to go to a bar with her and hang out. She was literally insane! Finally she started putting on her shoes and started ballistically laughing and growling at the same time; and it scared me. She got up angrily and said she would accompany us out. I was too scared so once the door was open I ran out of the room and my companion ran behind me. We went down about 10 flights of stairs. We then we got lost in the mental asylum! We couldn't find the way out.  There were crazy people everywhere. It was like a horror movie of being stuck in an asylum. My companion finally found another flight of stairs and we followed it and found the exit. We vowed never to go back again


This week I also had another baptism! I had been teaching a young man in Brasil, online, who was very interested in the Book of Mormon. He read the whole book and prayed about it. He told me he needed to get baptized. I called the local missionaries and they helped him prepare for baptism. I got to watch the baptism over Skype this past Saturday. It was such a blessing.


The gospel of Jesus Christ brings such joy to our families and our lives.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹






My new companion and roommates




The Spanish Stairs - Rome



My first companion in Italy - she went home last week



My MTC Companions - we meet again!



The Panthenon




1 comment:

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...