Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Municipio Roma 2 - Rome week 29



This week was zone conference week. As an STL I am required to give a training for all the missionaries in my zone along with my zone leaders. The mission president chooses the topic which he thinks is best for the missionaries to improve on. We talked about good technology habits and how we can use technology to hasten missionary work. It was very cool because in the past missionaries didn't have technology and now we are aloud to use it in our day-to-day activities, however, we must use it for our missionary purpose which is to invite everyone to Come Unto Christ.

I got to train about the Visitor Center and how we use technology for missionary work. A lot of the Elders in the mission didn't even know about Visitor Center sisters and that we are actually teaching people around the world, helping them to learn about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and baptizing them. It was cool to tell them what we do in visitor center and how we use Facebook, Skype, and Whatsapp for missionary work and teaching our to people. On my slide I put a picture together of Paul and Peter with little phones and how missionary work would have been so much more effective in they had had the technology in their time; could you imagine? 


After zone conference my whole zone of missionaries did a missionary activity together. We had created a new Facebook page called "uno in Cristo" (One in Christ) and went out onto the metro with a purpose to ask people to join the page and share it with their friends. 

It is a Facebook page that is Christian based and the information that is being posted on it is Bible scriptures and videos about Christ. We are trying to unite Christian's and, of course, at the end of each post we put comeuntochrist.org just in case they want to see more about us. 

So, I was assigned a temporary companion and we went together on the metro and sat down by people and talked to them. The first couple of times it was kind of nerve wracking for me. I didn't know how to start a conversation with people but I decided to pray in my heart and the words came into mind what to say and in Italian as well. At first we were not getting much success but in the end I sat by this kind lady and my companion sat across from us. The lady had seen that my companion could sit by me and she asked her if she wanted to trade seats to be by me. I then told her that it was fine and I asked her where she was from. The conversation went from there and she asked me if I was student in Italy and how I had learned Italian so well. I showed her my name tag and told her I was a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and that I learned Italian when I got here and basically by myself by reading books and just talking to people. She was so amazed and kept asking me about the Church. I then invited her to come to the Visitor Center at the temple and then I told her about our Facebook page. She immediately pulled out her phone and found the page and then a man sitting on the other side of her which I had no idea was listening did the same. He asked me for a card to the Visitor Center and after that we had an amazing conversation about Christ. We all friended each other on Facebook and they want to see me when they visit the Visitor Center. So that was just a cool experience.

I think this week I really learned to trust in the Lord in everything. I could see how much He helped me throughout this week. Even as simple as giving me courage to talk to people on the metro and giving me the right words to say in Italian. He is always there to help us. I encourage everyone to just Come Unto Him and trust in Him.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹


The car dad is going to buy me for college!
 The two Brazilian Sisters
 Two Italians and a Brazilian/American
My companion Sorella Barnes and I
 Streets of Rome
 The artwork inside of an old church


 The beautiful Rome Temple

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are amazing! I probably say that every time but it's true! I shared my testimony last Sunday and told how the missionaries helped me! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...