Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Transfers! New Responsibilities! New Area! Rome week 27




Today was transfers!!!

I am going to...

Rome 2!!!

I'll still be in the visitor center but I move houses and zones!


I am also the new STL (Sister Training Leader). I will be helping with zone conferences and I will be responsible for scheduling for the visitor center. I do not know what else an STL does but I guess I will find out.  It's kind of like a Zone Leader but for the sisters in the zone.


Well, this week was pretty good. We stayed in the visitor center a lot because this week was "Fer Augosto" where it's a random holiday here in Italy. My companion and I asked some random people on the streets about what it is and they said they actually didn't know why they celebrate it but they love eating good food together and making parades. So on the actual holiday all the missionaries do deep cleaning in our apartments. We are not supposed to do missionary work on that holiday because it is such a big holiday here. I live with 6 Sorelle (sisters) we cleaned the whole day and dissected the whole house. It was weird how much work we did for a little apartment but at the end it was so nice because everything was cleaned from top to bottom. Definitely being in a clean environment brings the Spirit of the Lord.


I have been teaching new people online this week. A lot of people interested in reading the Book of Mormon. I am currently teaching 4 Brazilians online who have gone to church and are reading the Book of Mormon and meeting with me as well as the local missionaries. It's really cool. I'm also teaching some people around all over the United States. I am helping them gain a relationship with Christ through a Bible study online and also through the Book of Mormon. It is really fun to help people come closer to our Savior.


This week in the visitor center we had Musical Moments. The director over the visitor center asked me to play my trumpet, at least 3 songs, for a musical moment and I would be playing in the room with the Christ Statue and the 12 apostles statues. Sorella Heslin (my accompaniment) was amazing on the piano. We picked two other songs to play together and I transposed the music for trumpet so a trumpet and piano would sound good together. Finally played it and it was so fun. A lot of people came because they heard the trumpet echo where the statue of Christ was. I then played my last piece which I played for my zone conference "God be with you until we meet again" and it was good. Later that evening I got a surprise call from the director of the visitor center asking if I could play that last song again. I was honored.


This week I learned a lot about the power of prayer. How amazing is it that we can talk to the Creator of this world whenever we please. We can tell Him anything and He is ready and wants to listen. Heavenly Father will always respond. In the Book of Mormon I read the book of Enos this week. One of my favorite stories. I love how he prays with so much faith and he does get a response from God. We can all receive that through faith in our Lord. Every time I pray I feel peace and comfort from my Father in Heaven. He is always helping me. I invite everyone to read the Book of Enos and to pray with a sincere heart and willingness to talk with Heavenly Father.


Sorella Hyatt๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น


                                                                 
                                                                   Drinking water while on a run
                    
                                                                                
                                                       A wonderful meal provided by a wonderful family





U.S. Mail?  In Italy?
Beware of Dog!





                                                                  Sorella Gonzalez and I


                                                                 


                                                      Sorella Mannucci (Italian from Milan) and I



                                                      Sorella Waddell (MTC -Provo roommate) and I



                                                      Sorella Weaver, friends from Sabina and I   
                                                             


My new area - ROME 2


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week. It is so good to hear that you are sharing your talents so often. I know music ๐ŸŽถ can certainly invite the spirit. All your friends are gorgeous, but you are my pick with that beautiful smile ๐Ÿ˜ƒ you share so wil!ingly! I ๐Ÿ’˜ love ๐Ÿ’˜ you and pray for you at least twice a day in my personal prayers and Brother Chesnick and I pray twice a day in our family prayers. I know you are where the Lord wants you to be, but I sure miss seeing you. You are one of the few young women who really does not judge no matter what. Love, Sister Chesnick

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...