Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

EASTER - Mission Week 62, 63 and 64 in Italy; ROME Covid quarantine Weeks 6, 7 and 8

Week 64 in Italy

The days go by fast but the months go by super slow. We are still in April, but that's okay.
This week we had a couple of member appointments...we discussed Joy and Peace to the members. We thought it was a great idea considering the circumstances that we are in right now. It's always good to look to the positive side of things even during rough times. 

I had a miracle this week. On my Facebook story I had posted a picture of temples and asked in both Italian and English if anyone knew what it was. To my surprise there were a couple of Italians that didn't know and I had a childhood friend who also didn't know. We went to Elementary school together for 3 years and then I moved away. Some how this person and I had been Facebook friends and then through this question we reconnected. It was so strange because this person remembered me and I knew it was the Spirit bringing this person back to my memory. I had made such an impact on this person as a little 7 year old that this person still remembered me. I then proceeded to talk about the temple and this person was very interested. I then asked if they would like to know more about our message of Christ and to my surprise this person accepted. It is so cool how Heavenly Father uses us as instruments in His hands where ever we are and at whatever age to fulfill His purposes.


We continued to teach my cousins in Brazil. They are progressing well and enjoying reading the Book of Mormon.


This week during my personal studies I have been reading the Old Testament and I absolutely love it. There are so many good stories and also some very weird ones which are also good. I always marvel at how the Israelites had seen soooo many miracles and had been freed out of bondage so many times and yet they chose to worship a handmade false god. It is so sad to see that they only remember the one true God during their times of difficulty and trial.... they barely remember Him when they are having success. It is incredible how much love God shows to them...He is always helping them even when they abandon Him. I will never understand why some people think the Old Testament is bad and that God is mean in it when I can clearly see, of course, He would be disappointed or upset when the dumb Israelites disobeyed Him or forgot Him but at the same time He showed Love and Mercy unto them. God continued to call prophets to guide the Israelites and He freed them many times. If this doesn't prove how much Love God has for us then I don't know what else can other than having His only Begotten Son die for us.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹


EASTER! Week 62 in Italy

This week was a very good week. It was the Holy week and preparation for Easter Sunday!

I downloaded the new update for the Gospel Library App and I was so excited that everyday this week there was a certain study and an activity to do to develop some Christ like attribute in remembrance of what Christ did for us on the cross.

It was short but very well put together. I loved it. My favorite one was about forgiveness and how we should always forgive others because Christ forgives us and he paid for us.

This week we had a lot of lessons online with members and people we are teaching. It was very good because we really focused on the message of the atonement and why Christ is so essential. It really grew my testimony about the Savior. Coming to know Christ through the scriptures and our actions is the best way to come unto Christ.

This week we had a scambio (exchanges) I was with Sorella Williams who is a new missionary and her companionship lives with us in our apartment. We spent the day together and we learned how each of us does missionary work and what we can learn from each other. It was very fun. We studied Preach My Gospel in Italian and prepared for one of the lessons we were going to have. I was excited for S. Williams because she is new and she was so excited to try a new way of teaching and Facebook finding. I had a blast.

For lunch this week my roommates and I have been playing Monopoly. Not just any Monopoly but Italian kind of cheat monopoly that my dad sent me. We have been playing it for a whole week so we do it on our free time and still do our missionary work on our regular times. We have learned so much Italian from that game since it's all in Italian and we have learned new words that we haven't even heard of and now we are reading the cards and the game is a lot faster now.

Our Easter was great! My companion made a Brazilian dish called Panquecas and I made rice to accompany it and then we drank Guarana (Brazilian drink that dad sent me) and our roommates made homemade cinnamon rolls. It was a big feast. We all had matching pj gowns with our companions so we used it after we had church online. We then ate together and laughed and opened up our Kinder Easter eggs which had little toy things inside. Haha and at the end of the night we did our Sunday Live about the atonement and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was very good. I cannot remember much of the week but I know it was a good one.



Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹













1 comment:

  1. Hi! The White Truffle of Alba is the King of Truffles. Alba White Truffle .You are not born a Gourmand, but you become one. Buy the Alba White Truffle Online.

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...