Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Rome Week 24



This week has been a very an amazing week! We met a lot of different people in the visitor center this week from some different places. 


We met a Hungarian couple who walked in to the visitor center. It was pretty cool because they knew just a little bit of English and the rest was just in Hungarian. So we taught them using English and Google translate. We taught them the Restoration of the Gospel. They loved the temple and how beautiful it is. We ended up giving them a Book of Mormon in Hungarian and then they asked us if we could give their information to the Hungarian missionaries because they wanted to learn more. It was really amazing, I was able to contact the missionaries in Hungary and got them in contact with this couple. It was super cool! 

We also met up with an inactive member of the church that we had been trying to meet up with since the first day I arrived in Italy and finally we did. We went to Toffia, another city in our area, where the lady works. She met with us and she was very happy to meet with us. So that was awesomel! 

Then, I am teaching two Brazilians now. One was given to me by the other sisters because this man is from Brazil and only speaks Portuguese so we have a lesson appointment with him on Thursday in the Visitor center. 
Then the other Brazilian is a woman I found on online teaching. This person is from Goias, Brazil (the state where my mom is from and where I have spent a lot of time) and she had requested a Book of Mormon. So, I called her to see how she wanted it delivered; it was interesting how she found out about the Book of Mormon. She said she was just watching YouTube with her little little kids and then she saw the Book of Mormon on it and she really wanted to know more. I asked her if she would like to learn more from the missionaries in person or online and she said online. So now I'm her missionary!  We have an online appointment tomorrow evening. So I have to practice my Portuguese better 😉 and that is very exciting. 

This week my companion and I have been studying about Pride and that the antidote to pride is Humility. To be humble takes our whole entire lives. But we can strive day by day to be a little more humble. When we become humble we learn to come closer to our Savior. We learn how to become like our Savior. 
Pride is a sin, it keeps us away from the Savior. If we look at the Book of Mormon and look how many times the Nephities got caught up in their pride and they had hardened their hearts to the words of the Lord, and then they are hit with destruction. We need to try to be humble like Enos, a prophet in the Book of Mormon, was when he recognized he had sinned and then he got on his knees for multiple hours and prayed for forgiveness. 

I know as we read the Book of Mormon everyday we can learn to be humble and become like our Savior Jesus Christ. It teaches us about Jesus Christ and how we should keep the commandments. I know it will bring us closer to God.

Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹










No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...