Translate

Monday, December 9, 2019

Pescara, Italy Week 8 - Mission Week 42 in Italy



This week has been interesting. I have been sick for most of this past week. I had a fever that lasted for a couple of days. My companion and I basically stayed inside for most of the week. The good thing that came out of being sick was that I was able to finish reading the Book of Mormon in Italian! Now I am restarting it again in Italian.
 
The Book of Mormon is a great book. I can testify that there is so much knowledge, truth, and happiness that comes from the Book of Mormon. One thing that stood out to me is the prophet Mormon and his son Moroni. These two prophets were the only people left who believed in Christ and His gospel. They lived in a time where everyone around them was wicked and had forgotten about Jesus Christ. Mormon was instructed by God to gather all of the records of all these ancient prophets and put them together as well as write his own record. Mormon was later killed in battle in the fight defending his people. His son, Moroni, remained with the records and he hid from everyone in the known world. The people were wicked and they sought to destroy every last who believed in Christ and if the records would have fallen into the wrong hands it would have been destroyed and we would not have the Book of Mormon today. 

Moroni lived his last days alone in the wilderness. He eventually buried the records in the ground where no one would be able to find them until the Lord's own time through His authority. To me, all of these prophets in the Book of Mormon gave up their lives for Jesus Christ and did everything in their power to preserve these records which are scriptures to us that only truly testify that Christ is our Savior. This shows how much trust and faith they had in the Lord and how true this book really is. I had never had so much gratitude for something in my life until I finished reading the Book of Mormon again, in Italian, and took the time to realize the sacrifice that all these prophets of the Book of Mormon did in order to fulfill God's plan! I encourage everyone to read it. 

The beginning of this week I finally felt better and we were back to doing missionary work. We have been teaching a beautiful family of 4 about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We recently got a call from the mom saying that her children would really like to get baptized and that her husband is still thinking about it. The joy that my companion and I felt in our hearts was unfathomable. We are planning for their baptisms the following Saturday! We are going to try our hardest to prepare them to enter into the waters of baptism. 

This week we also has 6 people, who are interested in the gospel, at church this past Sunday. One of the ladies was from our English course group. She came to church and she wants to help decorate the church building for Christmas. This lady also has been organizing a trip for everyone at English course to go to the temple in Rome!!! What?! My companion and I were so amazed. This lady said she would love to see the temple and learn more about what we believe and that the other students in English course also have been curious. My companion and I were pretty shocked; so we are planning for the 28th. 

I do know that with the Lord everything is possible. God is a God of miracles and He always has been and always will be. Through our diligence and faith we will be able to see and have all the miracles that God is ready to give us!






Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...