Translate

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas!!! Pescara, Italy week 11; Mission Week 45 in Italy


Buon Natale!

This week was transfer week. I am staying in Pescara again for 7 weeks. My companion is Sorella Magness! She is also a visitor center sister that I had worked with before. I am pretty excited that we have the chance to be companions!

These past 5 days we have had quite a few appointments with people. We have also done a lot of street finding. We have been showing everyone the "Christ Child" video. It is about the Savior's birth and people really enjoy it. With Christmas its cool to see how such a Christian country really celebrates Christmas. All the cities are covered with lights that represent that city. They have Nativity scenes everywhere. There are also sooo many beautiful presents! 

Something my companion and I did this week was try a new approach for Christmas especially when we stop people to talk about Christ. We decided to ask everyone a simple question instead. "What is Christmas to you?" It was interesting to see their responses. The majority of the people said, "It is a time to drink and have a big party!" Others said, "It about giving presents and making sure you gave a better present than last year." Many of them said "It is about the big lunch and being with family!" I was super surprised that no one said the true meaning behind Christmas. 

We were able bare our testimonies about the Savior. We actually are celebrating somebody's birthday who is very important. That is the birth of Christ. His birth was a miracle and it fulfilled old testament prophecies. The most important thing we should remember is what he did in His life. He healed the sick, comforted the weak, taught about eternal life, most importantly He sacrificed Himself for each and everyone one of us. If Christ had not have done these things then His birth would have been a normal birth. Because Jesus is the Christ that is why Christmas is so important. We should look at Christmas with a different perspective and really take the time to be grateful for that historical day in which Christ did come to earth. 

The night of Christmas Eve, my companion and I got invited over to a Brazilian's house to have Christmas dinner. It was an amazing time to be able to share that with such a beautiful family. The food was so good but most importantly their testimonies and faith in the Savior was strengthing. I have learned so much more about people and the Savior in this time of Christmas. 

I hope everyone can remember the Savior in this time. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...