Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pescara, Italy Week 9 - Mission Week 43 in Italy

This week was full of busy things and it went by so fast.

We went up to Rome last P-day. We decided to go to the temple with our District. A district is a group of missionaries that are located within zone of your area in the country that you are preaching. We get together once a week in a council to talk about the work and how we can strengthen one another as missionaries. My district decided to take a trip up to Rome to go to the temple and to take some Christmas District pictures.

This week I also had a scambio (exchanges); that is where my companion spends 24 hours with another missionary and I spend 24 hours with a different missionary. We do this so we can strengthen each other as missionaries and learn different teaching skills. I was with one of the Sorelle that serve in Perugia, Italy. Sorella Vincent, she is from Canada! We had a very good experience together. Together we were able to meet so many new people and see a couple of miracles.

Also this week we were able to see the family that we have been teaching. We asked them if they were ready for baptism and their daughter said, "yes". This week we have been working hard to finish the remaining lessons with her and preparing her for baptism. Yesterday, at church, she was so happy. We made invites for her to invite her family and friends to the baptism. In church they announced her baptism. We found her a beautiful white baptism gown that she tried on and she was so happy! I am pretty excited to see her get baptized. She has so much faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. I am also very happy that her family is so supportive of her. It will be a great week!

We were invited to attend a wedding with our friend who did the wedding planning.  The wedding was an AFRICAN wedding.  It was very different than what we are used to.  My friend made an African type dress for me and my companion wore a skirt.  It was very interesting to see.

This week the town of Pescara has been decorating for Christmas. They have giant lit up animals downtown. They have lights everywhere and a giant tree. It looks like they put on Christmas shows at night. All the Italians are super excited with the Christmas spirit. They are a little more open to talking about Christ now! I really like the Christmas vibe.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹

 Lighted Alligator






 At the African Wedding in my African Dress




1 comment:

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...