Translate

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Week 1 - Missionary Training Center


Today is my P-day. The life here is soooooo different I am confused
how I feel about it. I am in a trio companionship so I have two
companions. Sorella Waddell is 21 years. Sorella Madsen she is almost 20 years old so I am the youngest and they call me the baby. I am the senior companion and was made one yesterday but it will change before we leave the MTC, this is to train us.



I’m in a room with my 2 companions and two girls going to Milan. I am
in a trio because my companions and I are the first girls and only in
the MTC to go to the visitors center. When we introduce ourselves we
are always instructed to say Rome Italy temple visitors center since
we get different training and our missions is different.



My zone leaders are Portuguese speakers. My branch president is
Brazilian and they all know I’m half Brazilian and they like to speak
to me in Portuguese. I’m so amazed at how amazing my Portuguese is but
I feel so bad that I will not be in a Portuguese speaking mission.
Portuguese, when I speak to people here, has become to be like English
and I get sad that I honestly won’t be able to speak it, it’s so easy
for me. 
Italian is actually kind of difficult. No one in my district
can speak Italian but I’m the only one that can understand everything
that Fratello Harbin is saying, he is our teacher. The only thing is, I
can’t pronounce anything right because of the Portuguese in my head.
The Americans have a better advantage because they don’t know another
language. I have to train my tongue in a different way and I HAVE to
have an accent when I speak or it’s completely wrong. I’m trying to
memorize the things I’ve been learning. Fratello Harbin told us not to
study in our rooms, but I’m going to study every chance I get because
I need to learn. One thing in Italian I’m amazing at is distinguishing
female and male because of the Portuguese, I am the only one that can
do that well and know why words have to have an I at the end or an e
at the end.



Today I’m going to devote my time to studying I need to study all this
material to be a good missionary.
Love you guys ðŸ’•
Sorella Hyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...