Translate

Monday, September 16, 2019

Municipio Roma 2 - Rome week 31



This week has been such a great week! Both my companion and I definitely feel like successful missionaries! We have been working hard these past few weeks and really trying to be obedient to the mission rules even more than we were. I can testify that being obedient to the commandments brings blessings.


This week we found 4 NEW PEOPLE to teach! That is kind of rare in my mission but it is also a blessing from the visitor center. All 4 of them are Italian and had come to the visitor center. They were drawn to the beauty of the temple. We had 2 of those people come with us at church yesterday. It was a big miracle! They both enjoyed church so much and they came to a baptism that my companion and I had. We taught a little girl all the missionary lessons and she got baptized this weekend!


We also helped the person from Cape Girardeau I talked about last week get baptized!!! My dad had the privilege of being asked by him to perform his baptismal ordinance, to perform his confirmation and gift of the Holy Ghost.  Even though we had taught him online, we were still able to watch and participate in his baptism through technology. Technology is definitely a blessing from Heavenly Father. Our friend who got baptized was so happy after he was baptized and he shared such a beautiful testimony about his Savior Jesus Christ. My companion and I were so happy!!!


We had a goal this week to talk to some members and get appointments with them because our ward is sooooo big due to all of the tourists and temporary temple workers. Our church building is right next to the temple so everyone goes. It is hard to know who is a member and who is a visitor.

This past week we had a missionary member lunch organized by a member. I made some new friends. I sat next to a cute Phillipino family who have lived in Italy their whole lives, visited church, family was at the luncheon but they are not members of the church. They were really happy that I spoke with them. This week we are planning to go visit them!

Something cool that we do in our visitor center is musical moments. They are every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The times for them are 11:30, 3:00, 7:00. They are very cool, we have so many talented people here in Italy. We are having a professional opera singer come in this week. I am very excited. We had someone play their saxophone as well. We also have a sister who plays the cello and it is so beautiful! I also love that I get the opportunity to play my trumpet every week!


This week has been very good. Full of miracles due to obedience and working as hard as we can. I know that as we are obedient to the commandments we will receive blessings and it will lead us to joy.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹












1 comment:

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...