Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Municipio Roma 2 - Week 32



Every week seems to fly by so quickly.  I had a very good week though with small miracles.
 
One day we were walking to a member's house and while we were walking a man on a motorcycle stopped us and asked us for directions to Buffalota. I had actually lived there for the first 8 months of my mission so I was able to verbally tell him how to get there since he didn't have Google maps. He then saw our name tags and asked us how we knew Italian and who we were. We told him we are missionaries and our purpose to bring others close to Christ. He was very interested in our church and asked if we could exchange numbers so that he could talk to us again when he goes to the visitor center. That was pretty cool because people never stop the missionaries
Another miracle was when my companion and I lost the bus and we waited for a long time at this one bus stop. Finally we got on the bus and a lady talked to us. She said she was an inactive member of the church. She enjoyed the conversation we had and said we could come over one day and share a message with her family. That was really cool!


Also this week there was one day that rained immensely. When we were going to church it wasn't a very heavy rain.  We took a bus to church and we were basically inside the whole day. Looking out the window the rain seemed to be letting up. Finally it was time for my companion and I to go home so we started walking towards the bus stop. All of a sudden as we waited for the bus the wind started to blow harder and faster. It got really cold and I felt like the wind was moving me.  Then hard rain fell on us like daggers. We waited out there for 30 minutes and we were soaking from head to toe. The umbrella and rain jackets did not help much. My companion and I were shivering, we were so cold. We decided we would pray so the bus would come faster or that the rain would slow down. About 15 minutes later a bus came and we got on. Then the rained stopped. I was slightly upset that the rain stopped AFTER we got on the bus.... but it was funny. We came home with purple lips and our shoes we filled up with water, we took warm showers and got our winter clothes out hahaha.


Also, in the visitor center we have the statues of the 12 apostles but for some reason the children love James' staff. The staff broke the first time during the open house and keeps on breaking. I have been here through all of the staffs many breakings. On Sunday a family came to me and showed me the staff lying on the floor all shattered in smaller pieces than it had been on the other times that it had broken. I took advantage of it and took a picture with James and his broken staff. It has officially been broken 10 times since the dedication.


The new Book of Mormon series movie came out last Friday and it follows the Book of Mormon story exactly. A new episode will be coming out every Friday, I encourage everyone to watch it and read the Book of Mormon along with it.  It can bee seen at www.ChurchofJesusChrist.org This book is another testament of Jesus Christ that teaches people about families. It teaches about the doctrine of Christ and His pure love that he has for us. It talks about His atoning sacrifice. I know the Book of Mormon is true with all of my soul.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹







3 comments:

  1. So glad you made it through that ridiculously heavy rain! Love your sweet attitude! You girls have so many miracles happen around you. So glad you are in my life. You are such a good example for us all. Stay safe! I love you and pray for you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loves you Vicki you are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you faith and attitude sweet heart ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...