Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mission Week 60 & 61 in Italy - COVID Quarantine Week 3 & 4 - ROME, Italy


Week 61

Another slow week! It was a good week!
My companion and I had some successes doing Facebook finding.
How we do this is we join groups in our areas that we are assigned too. We then looked at the members in the group and we pray about them and we choose a person and we start messaging them and trying to see if they have interest in the gospel.
Yes at first it can be a little weird and I'm pretty sure the people think we are weirdos. But no matter if we are stopping people on the streets, knocking on their doors, or messaging them through Facebook we are always weird to people. I had one random lady ask me who I was and why I was in Italy. I began to explain I was a missionary and about the new temple and to my surprise she said she would like to visit it one day.


I am also currently teaching 2 of my Brazilian cousins online. One them is absolutely in love with the Book of Mormon. Honestly, I haven't seen anyone with such a love and desire to read the Book of Mormon out of all the people I have taught. She reads it everyday and it is actually more than most members do. She has told us that she feels happiness every time she reads the Book of Mormon and she can defiantly see Gods hand in her life. Before General conference we did a video lesson call with her and the missionaries in Brazil. We explained about the priesthood authority and about prophets. We told her about General conference and invited her to watch it. Guess what she did? She watched General Conference! Wow she is amazing. We had also invited her to be baptized on the 17th of April. We told her to pray about it and feel for herself if it is right.


As you all know every Sunday we do a Facebook live about what we believe about Christ. This week one of my house mates was scrolling on a quote site for our church and she saw that 3 people had shared a watch party of my live video from my Facebook on to the page. Thousands of people have seen it and liked it and actually commented. I was so surprised there were so many people commenting on where they were watching from. We had one girl from the Philippines comment "I want to be just like you guys!" And that was very very touching. It is amazing how many people are actually watching our Sunday Night Lives and are feeling the love that Christ has for them.


Last but not least... GENERAL CONFERENCE! Oh my flipping goodness it was amazing!!!
The prophets and apostles did a fantastic job of bearing their testimonies about the savior Jesus Christ and really has prepared us well for Easter in memory of the resurrected Christ. I was very very pleased with this conference because anyone who wants to really know about what we believe from the mouth of our prophets and apostles should definitely take the time to watch the General Conference that was presented.
There was soooo many great talks but I will recommend just a few for everyone to re-watch or to watch especially if you would like to know more about our church.
From the Saturday afternoon session..
President Eyring (last speaker)
From the Saturday evening session...
President Nelson's talk (the last speaker I believe)
From the Sunday Morning session:
Elder Bednar's talk (4th speaker.. about temples)
President Nelson's talk (last speaker about the restoration)


I know that the Lord does call prophets and that He speaks to them in order for us to know His will. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet who RESTORED Christ's church here on the earth 200 years ago. I know the Book of Mormon to be another testament of Jesus Christ and when we abide by its principles we can feel closer to Christ!


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹


Week 60

This week is hard to remember. The days mash up together. On Wednesday we had district council over the phone and we talked about the work in my area.

Everyday at 11:00 we have been teaching a member of our ward English. She is sooo sweet. She is one of the best students I have had to learn English. She does all of the homework assignments and she practices so much at home. She is actually improving. She is speaking pretty well and learning a lot. I get so proud for her. 

Earlier this week we went grocery shopping near by our apartment. It was probably the longest wait I have had yet... we waited for 2 hours! Man it really hit the day. At least the grocery store still had a lot of food and we were able to get food for the week. 

This week my companion and I have worked hard trying to have lessons with people on the internet. All in all we managed to have 13 lessons in one week! I have never had that before. Technology is such a blessing. 

This last Sunday we had a world wide fast for the Corona-virus and for the people who are affected by it. It is cool to be in unity with the members in the entire world for the same cause. We had church through the zoom call and it was very good. We were able to bare our testimonies of Jesus Christ and strengthen one another. I also took the time and energy to make a really good lasagna (mainly American style) I personally do not like the lasagna here in Italy because all they use is tomato sauce and the lasagna noodles and a little bit of cheese and in my opinion it does not taste nearly as good as ours. I made a lasagna for the 4 of us in our house. My roommate made homemade bread and we had fancy grape juice. We had the best Sunday lunch ever. We were all so happy hahaha. 

We ended our Sunday by doing our Facebook Live about the Plan of Salvation. It is by far my favorite lesson and doctrine of Jesus Christ because we can really see how much God loves us that he provided a way for us to grow and become like Him one day. It truly is a plan of happiness.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹






1 comment:

  1. Tua sorella merita il regalo migliore! Ecco perché nel negozio online So Lovely Box abbiamo preparato un grande catalogo di regali personalizzati per sorella.Visita qui per saperne di più: solovelybox
    #Regalo_per_sorella

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...