Translate

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Pescara, Italy Week 15; Mission Week 49 in Italy



This week felt long and it was cold. 

This week my companion and I focused a lot more on obedience. We wanted to try to be exactly obedient to the rules as missionaries. While we were trying to be obedient we were able to see some miracles in our lives. 

We went to a city named Chieti which is in our area and about an hour away. We went to visit an inactive member that we had never met. She had met us on the streets and she was very open with us and really enjoyed our presence. She enjoyed reading the Come Follow me with the Book of Mormon and we were able to strengthen each others testimonies. After that my comp and I had ran to the bus stop because we had to get back around 1:00 pm because we had a lunch appointment in Montesilvano with a member. Montesilvano is about 15 mins away from Pescara, the place I live. But we were in Chieti which is an hour away and it was already 12:00. The bus hadn't came yet and we weren't late but no buses were coming and the train wasn't coming until 1:00. So my comp and I prayed then we asked a guy that sells tickets where a bus going to Pescara could be and would be. He pointed to a bus stop and said in about 30 mins. We walked there without any hope to make it to our next appointment and literally 5 mins later there was a bus heading back to Pescara! We got on and got to the bus station in Pescara. To our amazement there was another bus directly there to Montesilvano; it seemed as though it had waited for us. We were then able to be at our meal appointment. 
After that we waited again for a bus and it was about time for our lesson appointment with someone. And as soon as we started to panic the bus came! Everything we had thought we would miss and be late to actually turned our perfect. Thanks to obedience, prayer, and faith.

I love our new English course we have. The church has given us material as teachers that teach us how to properly teach students English and has given us material for our students and homework for them to do. We do 40 minutes of just learning the language and 20 minutes of a spiritual section which has some English in it. We have seen big time miracles with this and we just started 2 weeks ago. My companion and I teach English Connect 1(which is basic reading and writing in English) we have a class with about 10 people total for basic and there are 6 of them who loves to stay now and learn about our church. We had a lady tell us that she didn't believe that God cared for us and asked us why we thought he did. It ended up being a lesson about the Plan of Salvation and our purpose here in life. To our surprise these 6 ladies stayed just to hear the message and then requested to know more about how our church came to be and about prophets for the next class. 

On Thursday after the actual English portion that is exactly what we taught and we gave out 2 Books of Mormon to 2 of these ladies where was very curious to read the book. One lady in particular became fascinated that we have a living prophet today and 12 apostles and wants to read talks from them! Such a miracle!!!!

On Saturday my comp and I really didn't have as much as a full day so we had prayed together to figure out where the Lord wanted us to be and who we should teach. After the prayer my comp and I both had the same thought to stop by a family from Ecuador we have been teaching. We hadn't seem them for a week and it was about 10 am. We trusted the prompting and went to the apartment and once we rang the door this family was there. We were so happy that we had listened to the Spirit because this family is always busy and barley home. They were home and we were able to read some of the scriptures and after that they invited us to stay to eat a typical Ecuador dish. It was another miracle to be able to meet with them. 

That night my companion, the Anziani (Elders) and I got invited by a student from English course to go to their house and eat famous Arrosticini. This is something only in Pescara and its steak on a stick but made completely differently it was probably one of my favorite things i have eaten in Italy.

Also Family History has been a success. We have been stopping people and inviting them to come to our family history center and to find their ancestors. A lot of people are very curious about this and has never heard it before and are very open to learn more.
I personally this week took the time to build up my family tree on Family Search. I learned how to do indexing and I have learned how to search for an ancestor. I am currently working on my mothers side of the family trying to find some missing people and it is harder than i thought to find someone let alone with the records from Brazil. I have learned a few things about my ancestors that has made me grown and i am still on the hunt for more ancestors in Brazil.


Last but not least... Sunday! It was a very good Sunday about 7 out of 10 of our people we are teaching came to church.
There has been a family from Santo Domingo we have been teaching and the father wanted to get baptized but one principle of the gospel was holding him back and he had always said he would get baptized in 2 years. This man had disappeared during Sunday school and after Sunday school he ran to me to tell me he would like to be baptized February 1st!! I was in so much shock and filled with joy i almost cried. We had been working with for 4 months and he finally decided to follow his family and be baptized. He told us he would tell us for sure on Thursday since we are going to his family's house for lunch. This new literally filled my heart with happiness because now he can receive all the blessings that Heavenly Father wants to give him and he can start preparing to be sealed with his wife in the temple. This was also a miracle from God.


I am so grateful for this gospel. I am grateful that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and that he is a God of miracles. My faith has been strengthened so much due to our obedience, hearing the spirit, and seeing the little miracles in everyday life!

Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹

My Zone = The Mountain Zone













1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and such a good testimony of the Savior!

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...