Translate

Monday, January 6, 2020

Pescara, Italy Week 13; Mission Week 47 in Italy



This week was a great start to the New Year!
New Year's Eve my companion and I bought Guarana (Brazilian drink) and we told each other our favorite memories of 2019. I was surprised that all my memories from 2019 were only on the mission while my companion had some from home. Made me feel like a very old missionary We then went to bed and set up our alarms for 12:00 just so we could say Happy New Year to each other.
Looked like there wasn't a need for alarms because we woke up to a bunch of fireworks surrounding our apartment and we thought they were bombs. it was super loud and we weren't ready for them. I personally was half asleep still and i never got out of bed because i was so tired. My companion got out of bed and opened our deck door, and it made me very cold since it was cold outside but I slept it off.
The next day was New Years and we had Deep Cleaning Day. Since we are not supposed to be proselyting during new years we take about the whole day to Deep clean the apartment. Believe it or not it was tiring. I cleaned the whole kitchen literally from top to bottom as well as the bedroom. My companion cleaned the bathroom and our study room. It was a very long day but at the end our apartment looked very nice. 

January 2nd we had ZONE CONFERENCE. This one was the best one I have had in my opinion. Our zone was combined with the Rome Est zone which is the zone I used to be in when I was serving in Sabina. We traveled 2 hours down to Rome for the conference. We learned new ways to do missionary work and one is through family history work. We are now instructed to learn how to do indexing and learn how to use family tree app in order for us to help members do family history work so they can take family names to the temple. We are encouraged to tell non-members that we have a family history center and that they can work with finding out their families too. It is perfect for the Italians since they are so family based and they love their ancestors. 

I also found a 4th cousin of mine who serves with me in the visitor center. We used the app to search relatives and oddly enough I found my 4th cousin Sorella Nay. We figured out we were cousins through my father's ancestry in my great grandma Hyatt's family which her maiden name was Holt, my great grandma's brother is Sorella Nays' grandfather. I think that's what I remember. All we know is that we are 4th cousins and we serve together as missionaries in the visitor center. The first time she came into Italy I remember I greeted her welcome and ever since we felt a very close connection of friendship and now we realize why... we are family
We also got a new program for our English course that we teach called English Connect. It is more geared towards a manual for teaching English as well as help people get into a college and have knowledge of the gospel of Christ. All these tools given to us at zone conference has been inspired.
During zone conference I was asked to do a musical number. On the piano I accompanied to Anziani (Elders) in my zone while they sang "A poor wayfaring man" it was scary at first but became better.
This past Sunday was very good. I have the opportunity this week to read Come Follow Me and was actually prepared for it. Learning about the introduction to the Book of Mormon was so amazing. Even though I have read the Book of Mormon various times the front pages with the 8 testimonies and 3 witnesses are always very powerful and touching. It made me realize what a blessing it is to have the Book of Mormon. It is the key stone to our religion. The Book of Mormon proves the Bible to be the Word of God and that Jesus Christ was resurrected. Once we know the Book of Mormon is true we can know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and through him the church of Christ was restored. Such a blessing it is to not only have one Book testify about Jesus Christ but 2 Books talking about the same Christ. That is powerful and I hope everyone gets the chance to read it.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹


My 4th cousin from Southern Utah











No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...