Translate

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Pescara, Italy Week 2 - Mission Week 35



This week went by  so fast! I officially hit my 10 month mark on my mission and in 2 months it will be a year. Time flies by fast.

This week we did a lot of things. We went to Chieti, a city in my area, about an hour away. We went there because I have been teaching English to two 8 year old girls. At the end of the lesson we always share a spiritual thought. Recently, one of the mothers became very interested in what we do as missionaries and wanted to learn more!  That is why we went out to Chieti.

In the same area we met with a young medical student.  He took us on a walk in the city as we talked about God. It was a very nice conversation and we also talked about what we do as missionaries. At the end we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him what it meant to us. He was emotional that we had given him something but happy. 

One day, as we were walking to the church building, my companion was holding her English copy of the Book of Mormon (because I have been teaching her how to read it in English). While we were walking a man randomly stopped us and asked us what book we were reading. My companion and I were both shocked and we explained what the Book was about. He seemed interested and asked us for our number so that when he wasn't as busy we could talk more about it. 

On Fridays we do Family Home Evening at church where we watch the Book of Mormon series videos together and we share a spiritual message. The Anziani (Elders) had found a popcorn maker in their apartment so they brought it to the activity to make popcorn while we watch the videos. My companion and I went into the kitchen to see if they needed help. When we got to the kitchen the popcorn kernels were splattering everywhere. The Anziani were trying to catch all of them it was so funny. We then grabbed two bowls and placed them right on the opening of popcorn maker. One kernels shot out and one of the Anziani caught it but it was so hot that he threw up in the air and then it landed in my shoe and it was super hot. My foot now has a kernel mark it burned a little bit of skin but it is okay.


It has been a busy week but full of miracles.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...