Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rome Week 8 - Temple Dedication

This week was full of amazing things. 

I got to go to the dedication of the Rome temple and be inside the temple during the dedication!  I was blessed to meet 4 of the 12 apostles. President Eyring, President Oaks, Elder Chrisofferson, and Elder Stevenson. It was so cool to be able to be in the same room and get to see them so very close and have them wave and talk to us about the temple. 

Then, Visitor Center training started and it's a lot we had to train for - but it was only for 4 days. We then started and opened the Rome Temple Visitor Center on Monday, yesterday. It was very cool. I love serving in there and I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve right by the Lord's house. 

This truly is the place I am meant to be, I am comfortable serving and I have gotten better at the Italian language which makes me so happy! 

I love all the new visitor center girls that just came here and have been here for the past 2 weeks. They're so cute and I love them. Most of them are fresh out of high school like me and we have a lot in common. I also love their testimonies and faith about our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Also, I have been driving in Italy! My companion's international drivers license expired so I had to get driving approved by my mission president because we live an hour away from the area where prosilyte currently. So we need the car. I'm the youngest missionary driver so far. It can be scary at times but I always pray for safety and I know Heavenly Father will help me. 

In the visitor center we met this very beautiful family from an island near Africa that speaks French. They were just sitting there and they wanted to watch videos and stuff but they thought they only had it in Italian. And I told them that we have it in variety of languages and they were so happy to watch videos of Christ in French. After that their two daughters dedicated a song to my companion and I in French called "Peace in Christ" I recorded them, it was so beautiful. We exchanged Facebook so we could keep in contact because that family wants to come to Missouri to see all the church historical sites. I really loved them, and their strong testimony in the Lord. It was very cool. 

The weather here is kind of bipolar just like in Missouri. In the morning it will be warm and then afternoon to night it is freezing. It's so weird. But I really enjoy it here and I love being able to share my testimony about Jesus Christ to everyone I encounter. 

I hope you all have a great week! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...