Translate

Friday, March 1, 2019

February 25, 2019

This week was pretty great! 

We went out meeting and finding finding; we stopped by a house and there was a Brazilian lady. I finally got to use my Portuguese with her. She was overly excited that we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and she said Heavnly Father truly loves her for sending angels like us to her. She wants us to come over and she wants to come to church. She loves us. I'm so excited.

We met another cute little old lady who really likes us. She told us how sick her and her husband are and she asked us why God let's horrible things happen to people. We read to her a verse in the Book of Mormon. 

2 Nephi 2:11,  For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

In other words, we explained to her that we need opposition so we have knowledge of good and bad, and that we can know what love is and be grateful for God. We also explained that Heavenly Father has given us our free agency for everyone to use as they desire.  He can't control our choices,  He can control the consequences for the choices we make.
She wants us to see her again, she's such a great lady. 

We had our last open house this past Saturday because of so many people who were interested in coming it was open for one more day. There were SOOO many Italians and it was amazing. 

Today for my P-day I did some shopping for groceries and we got invited to a members house who made us awesome lunch which was some kind of pasta with whatever awesome seasoning it was and cheese with pear and crackers and it was amazing. She also taught us how to croce. It was so good. Then we are going to another members house at 6 and we are going to give them a spiritual thought. I'm so excited. 

The temple and the gospel of Jesus Christ is such a great blessing. I love this gospel and I know its true. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...