Translate

Monday, December 31, 2018

Last week’s email from Sorella Hyatt

This week has been filled with things. I usually wake up at 6:30 every morning and get ready and then we have breakfast. Then we go to the gym for an hour. After that we go somewhere quiet to do personal study which is studying anything in the scriptures and getting a better knowledge of our savior. Then I do language study where I study the Italian language. After that we have lunch and then we have class from 1:30 until 4:30 and we usually are learning the language and grammar and preparing with our companions to teach a lesson. At 5:30 we go to dinner so after class I usually study some more in the scriptures before dinner or I go check the mail. After dinner we go to class again from 6:15 until 9:20 and the teacher studies scriptures with us and teaches us how to teach others as a missionary. And usually my companions and I get a person to teach and we have to do it all in Italian which can be difficult at times. After we teach the person then our teacher gives us feedback about how well we did in our lessons and how the language is. Once we are done with class we go back to our residence and get ready for bed. We have to go to bed at 10:30. I’m always tired though haha

On Christmas Eve we only had 3 hours of class and then we had very good speakers testify of the saviors birth. We watched a clip from the Bible about the saviors birth. We did a lot of singing for Christmas. At night the girls in my room and I did face masks, painted our nails, and read Christ’s birth in the Bible together.
  On Christmas Day everyone was dressed very nice in Green, red and white. Everyone was so happy. We didn’t have any classes. We watched part of the atonement of Jesus Christ. We watched “ Its a wonderful life” and we watched “a Christmas carol” the old version. Then one of the 12 apostles, Elder Bednar, came to speak to us. He taught about the importance of Christ and why Christmas is truly celebrated, he spoke about his death and resurrection. It was a very good talk. I then got to skype my family for 30 minutes which is the best present I have ever received. To finish the night David Archuletta came and sang beautiful Christmas songs and I even got to meet him and shake his hand. It was so cool.

After Christmas we returned to our regular schedule 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...