Translate

Friday, January 4, 2019

Week 3 at Missionary Training Center, Provo, Utah



Hey everyone, I hope you guys had an amazing New Year. Funny story, last Sunday for church  I was asked to give the opening prayer but I was instructed to do it in Italian. So I guess I was nervous or something because I started out in Italian and I ended with Portuguese. After the prayer I thought I did well because I said to myself I knew a lot of words perfectly then soon to realize with everyone’s confused look that I probably and I actually did the last half in Portuguese. I was embarrassed.  I have been studying hard with my Italian and little by little with the Lord’s help I’m getting it. We went to the Provo temple today and it was very special and it was so cool. 

So this week I faced some challenges of life and I was reading in the scriptures in the Book Of Mormon in the book of Ether chapter 12 verse 27.
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” I love this verse because this is Jesus Christ talking to one of the prophets named Moroni. I love how the Lord explains why we have weaknesses or difficult times because He does this so we can become humble and He does this because He loves us. He wants us to change for the better. I also love that He also explains that if we come unto Christ with our weakness and trails He will make us strong to overcome them. This is so important to remember that Christ is with us all the time, even in our worse times and all we have to do is come unto Him and He will make us strong.
I hope you guys have a good rest of your week. 


Sorella Hyatt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...