Translate

Monday, June 3, 2019

Rome Week 16

So, this week was very fast.


One day we went to Corese Terra another little town in our area that is close but big. Therefore, we decided to do some finding down there. The people were so nice and it was a very warm day with light wind which felt perfect. We had prayed before hand that we would just have nice people who wouldn't yell at us for being Missionaries and if they did reject the gospel of Christ then it would be in a nice way. And honestly our prayers were answered. A lot of people said they weren't interested but gave us a handshake or a smile and we went on our way. There was one house that we rang and an elderly woman peeked out from the top window and we told her we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ and we wanted to show her a video about Christ. She had shut the window and we were about to turn around but then she came downstairs and gave us a huge hug. She couldn't watch the video but she let us give her a picture about Christ and invite her to the Visitor Center for the Rome Italy Temple. Then she was so excited that she took us on a walk to her best friend's house so she could meet us too and talk about Christ. This lady was so excited and told us that whenever we came back we are welcome in her home. It was very cool!!

Then this week we started teaching online at the visitor center. So we started by making some calls to people who requested free Bibles or Book of Mormons. So far no one answered when I called. I had one call me back but I was not available at the time. And as a visitor center missionary I help people receive their Book of Mormon or Bible requests. I help them read it if they want and I answer questions regarding the church and our beliefs. It's pretty fun!!

This week was full of tour buses of people who came for the temple and to see the visitor center. At one point I taught 3 huge groups, at different times of course, about the stain glass mural. It is my favorite thing to talk about. I love getting their insights on their favorite parables and why they love them. Then I point it out for them and I also explain certain small symbolism that is in there. I love telling them what my favorite parables are as well.


There was one day that I had talked about it a total of 10 times and I wasn't even tired of it. A lot of people ask me how I know all these things and I told them that it is all in the New Testament and I study it along with the Book of Mormon. I love the visitor center so much.


Also, a funny story. So, apparently I don't look very American. I saw this lady sitting by herself in the visitor center so I decided to talk to her. I asked her where she was from and she said "United States" and I said "okay, where in the states?" And then she said "you probably don't know it" and I just looked at her waiting for a response and she finally said "Utah" and I said "I know where that is!" She looked very surprised and then said "do you know where I can find American missionaries, I saw two tall blonde ones somewhere" and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and I was trying to think of a response then she snapped and said "there's only 2 American missionaries in here, how hard can that be?" And I said "well it's hard since there are so many American missionaries in here the way you described." And then she said "how many" and I responded with a smile "I have no idea but I am American" and I think she about had a heart attack her mouth open wide and she said "what I thought you were Italian or Hispanic" and I tried to hold in my laugh and then I went to find the most American looking missionaries. Haha, it was funny to me!

Sorella Hyatt













No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...