Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

6 Months in the Mission - Rome Week 18


This week went by so fast that I can't remember a lot of the things that happened. I was mainly with Sorella Mannucci and she is Italian. She is like my other companion because my companion and her companion are sister training leaders and were in meetings together in order to prepare for zone conference. I did a lot of finding with Sorella Mannucci. I only spoke Italian with her throughout the whole week which really increased my progress in the Italian language.

I also hit my 6 month mark on the mission about 5 days ago. My companion woke up and made me chocolate chip pancakes to celebrate for my 6 months. I had not realized it was my 6 months. It was kind of weird because everyone treated it like it was my birthday ðŸ˜‚😂
  We have a concert this next Saturday at the visitor center by the temple and we have been inviting everyone to come. A lot of people are planning on it. 

Zone conference was pretty good. It was faster than usual because it was my mission president's last zone conference with us and when our new mission president comes in we will have another zone conference. We learned how to work with members and why members are important for missionary work. We learned how to use technology in missionary work and how it can be very effective and a blessing. 

After zone conference the Anziani (Elders- male missionaries) in my district, those who are in the island of Malta and us went to part of my area and did a gesso. 
A gesso is where we put this huge painting of the temple on the floor of the city and all of us with our companions break off into the city and invite people to the temple. So we all invited people to our concert and it was really fun to do that. 

The next day we were on exchanges so again I was with Sorella Mannucci and we went to a part of my area called Toffia! When I had my first transfer the Elders had gone there and they were really creeped out and scared because there were faces on the walls and a sign with a creepy puppet show and that they saw a whole bunch of signs pointing to the tunnel of happiness and when they followed it they saw a cave with an old doll on a chair with flowers and candles and they ran away and told us never to go. 

Knowing me I wanted to go and it is part of my area and there are people there that need the true Gospel of Jesus Christ so I took everyone there since I am the designated driver and it was daytime. We were inviting people to the concert and Sorella Mannucci and I went inside the city and it looked like old Italy which was so cool. But we went deeper and deeper and it was kind of like a dead town. Soon enough we saw the faces on the wall which I did take pictures of, and we saw the puppet sign - hahaha - I wasn't that scared I just thought it was interesting. It was such a beautiful city and a lot of people seemed interested in the concert.
 
Here in Rome it has also been so hot, I already have an ugly shoe tan line and my companion got a sunburn on her neck - hahaha. But at least we have breeze. 

This week I have been reading a lot of the Book of Mormon and in the Words of Mormon he explains that King Benjamin taught his 3 sons about the importance of the golden plates (ie. The Book of Mormon) and how it teaches to follow the Savior and to keep the commandments and it's a blessing that we have them. I really admired that because it truly only talks about Christ and His gospel and through the Book of Mormon we can get closer to God. 

I'm so grateful to have the Book of Mormon in my life and that all these prophets sacrificed so much in order to preserve and write these records.

Sorella Hyatt













No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...