Translate

Monday, April 15, 2019

Rome Week 10 - Late Entry

This is actually a week late but...
So, this last week was not very interesting since I was sick the whole week. 
Last Tuesday was my zone conference and it was super long but super cool. 
We learned how to strengthen one another and support one another as missionaries. 
We learned better communication skills and how to become more Christ-like.
I also had to explain one of the rules I liked and why but all in Italian, and I'm proud to say it was successful. 

After zone conference, I got really sick. I was super dizzy, horrible cough, couldn't breath and body aching. 
I thought it was just a head cold so I didn't do anything about it. But as the days went one I got even sicker so I stayed in my apartment most of the week. I couldn't do missionary work. It was horrible being cooped up inside. 

But I did read my scriptures and practiced my Italian. I also got to watch General Conference. 

For those of you who do not know what that is it's one of the best things ever. We believe in a living prophet called by Heavenly Father and we also have 12 apostles today. And twice a year the prophet and the apostles talk to all of us and it is broadcast throughout the world. 
They usually talk about how to become more like Christ and about Christ's teachings. 
This year it was very very good. I totally recommend everyone to watch it. It is online on the website "thechurchofjesuschrist.org
 
We invited a person we are teaching to come watch it with us and he was so happy. He said he could feel Heavenly Father's love for him and he knew that President Russel M Nelson is a prophet. He loved everything and really wants to be baptized. 

Then today for p-day we went to Porta Di Roma, which is a huge mall just across from the temple. We printed off pictures for our dedicas and we just shopped. We also found a lady on the street trying to find out how to get to the temple. And we told her to follow us since we were going there anyway. She then realized we were the missionaries and was so grateful she had been trying to get there for at least 2 hours and she said she was very blessed to find us at the moment she was about to give up. 

I know that this gospel is true and that the way the Lord has chosen to guide his people is through scriptures and living prophets. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He never changes. 
I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he translated the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ for us. I know President Nelson is a prophet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...