Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Week 4 - Missionary Training Center

Hey guys. I hope every one’s week was great! I have another funny story. So last Friday I was washing my clothes and we went to eat lunch while we were waiting for our clothes to be done washing. After lunch we went back and I had the hugest brain fart ever. In my mind I thought my clothes were in the dryer so I completely forgot that I had placed the in the washer. So when I opened the washer I was like “oh my gosh my clothes are still wet! They are soaking!” And so I decided to keep it in the washer for another spin since I thought it was the dryer and then I realized the moment I heard the water that I had put my clothes to wash again. I had to wait another 30 minutes for it to wash and then put it in the dryer later for another 30 minutes. My companions laughed at me. I will admit that was very dumb of me


This week my companions and I had another TRC where it’s a training for us to teach people who speak Italian in only Italian. But this time we did it on Skype with a person who spoke Italian. We delivered our message well, but the technical difficulties were very bad.
Also this week we taught a lesson to our teacher without notes in Italian and we taught with our knowledge of Italian. We aren’t fluent yet but we are able to make sentences in Italian and express our feelings somewhat through the Italian language. I know God is helping us so much for learning Italian in 6 weeks. I can read so much better and understand most everything I’m reading.


Last night my companions and I taught a lesson about the plan of salvation in 1 minute all in Italian and it was a success. It was super stressful, it was to train us to get the most important parts about Heavenly’s Father beautiful plan of salvation or the plan of happiness. So it was fun at the same time. Only in a real lesson it won’t be one minute.


So I would like to share with you guys another scripture that I really enjoy. It’s in the Book of Mormon. In the Book of Jacob chapter 4 verse 10
“Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.”
I love how this verse tells us not to counsel God. A lot of people demand things from our Heavenly Father or does not like the way His commandments are or what He asks of us and seeks to counsel Him. We shouldn’t do this because He is our God and Creator and He knows what is best for us. I like how is mentions for us to take counsel from Him because He will counsel us with His wisdom and justice. He is the best counselor we could ever have in our lives. I promise you guys if you counsel with the Lord with any of your troubles, fears, or your confusion He will counsel you for the good and for your benefit. He will hear you and will respond to you.


I hope you all have a fantastic week!




Sorella Hyatt

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are learning Italian well! Keep up the good work! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...