Translate

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Mission Week 67 in Italy,; Rome week 11 in Quarantine



These past two weeks have been eventful. 

Last week the Milan and Rome Italy mission both had an amazing opportunity to have Elder Holland speak to us on a zoom call. 

Elder Jeffery R. Holland is an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is called by God and given the authority of the priesthood to be an Apostle just like the apostles of old.
We were very blessed because he was live and only did it for our 2 missions here in Italy. Obviously, my companion and I took a screenshot of us and him because, why not? 

He said incredible things especially about why we are all still here in Italy during this hard time especially when tons of missionaries had to go home.
He told us that we were chosen to be on these missions way before we were born and that God knew all of this would happen. The Area Presidency for Europe received revelation that we were not supposed to go home and we were supposed to continue our missions through technology and that it would bring success. We are the pilot team for doing missionary work only online. He also told us that sometimes through certain circumstances is the only way we can learn principles that Heavenly Father wants us to learn. All of his words comforted me and let me know that My mission is important and that we have been called here at this time for a special purpose and to help others to come unto Christ. It was a very special occasion for all of us.


This week we have seen so much success. We have received 2 referrals from people and we got at least 3 new people to teach online. 

My companion and I have a total of 10 people we are teaching. All either English, Portuguese or Italian speakers.

I'm having the amazing opportunity to teach some of my friends from home. This week I retaught one of my good friends from home combined with the local missionaries in Cape Girardeau, all through technology....she absolutely loved the lesson of the Plan of Salvation and even thanked us for it and we have another appointment with her this week!


We also had the opportunity to teach a Brazilian girl who actually has been my friend for a very long time and a childhood friend I would play with when I was in Brazil. She had shared one of our Sunday Night Live videos and I got in contact with her about her interests in it. Long story short, she wanted to know more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and we taught her the Restoration. She then said she would really like to have the Book of Mormon. That was amazing!!!


This week I also got a little sick and I think it was from food poisoning. Literally, on Wednesday, I felt super nauseated. I got so bad that I ended up vomiting. First time doing that in the mission. My house mates were very kind and ran to the pharmacy for me and got something equivalent to Alka Seltzer. Thursday I was still nauseated in the morning but in the evening I ended up getting better


As I am going home in 3 weeks I had the opportunity to speak with my dear mission president this past week.  All departing missionaries usually have last interviews with their mission presidents. He watches over all the missionaries in my mission, the Italy Rome Mission. He loves and cares for us and to me he is like another dad. He is always concerned for our safety. Provides fun things for us to do on our free days in quarantine and makes sure that we know he loves us.
 
My last interview with him was a tender moment for me. He told me that he is very proud of all the work I have done. He also told me that after my mission I should stay firm to the Doctrines of Christ and always serve the Lord with all of my heart. He also told me that he and his wife are claiming me as one of their own and that they want to always know how I am and that I will always be their missionary.

I absolutely love them and I love my mission. I only have 3 weeks left but I plan to finish it out working as hard as I can.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹












No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...