Translate

Friday, February 14, 2020

Mission Week 53 in Italy



This week was transfer week! I am now in Rome 5, a different church building and area in Rome that I haven't been to yet. Yes, I am in the Visitor Center again and my companion is one of my closest friends Sorella Belarmino!! She is Brazilian too. We had always wanted to be companions but never thought we would be. 

Since I was not going to be flying to my next area I took a train.  I stuffed as many things in my suitcases as I could. I was worried when I got on the train by myself how I would get 3 suitcases, my trumpet, my backpack and purse all off the train and get into Termini where my colleagues were waiting for me to get my stuff to my apartment. The whole ride from Pescara to Rome I prayed. I was mentally and physically prepared to haul it all. 

Once the train stopped I went to the front exit where my bags were and, randomly, a man came and grabbed my things for me. I was a little scared but something told me that everything would be okay. He helped me get it off the train. After a while I struggled on how to pull them. The same guy and another guy saw me struggling and offered to help me.  They took my bags with me safely to where my colleagues were. The first guy I spoke too had asked me if I spoke Spanish since I looked very Latina. I told him I spoke Portuguese; he was from Santo Domingo, he said. I then shared a little bit with him about the gospel and why I was here in Italy on a mission. The moment I went to give him a Book of Mormon as gratitude he was gone. It was definitely an answer to my prayers. 

My comp and I are doing a "blow-in" in this area. Which means all the missionaries that were here before had all been transferred out. So we are trying to find out our area by ourselves. Friday night we were invited to eat dinner at a member's house. They are from Sicily and they made us an amazing Tortellini soup. We shared a message with them about member missionary work and how we can help each other in gathering Israel. 

Just a few miracles in the visitor center this week. Saturday was a slow day and I was helping my companion with English as we waited for visitors. A couple walked in and stared at us, so I said Hello automatically assuming they were Americans since they looked like Americans. They then said with a thick accent that they speak Portuguese and are from Portugal. We then started speaking Portuguese with them and told them about the stain glass art. 

Another day, my companion and I were just watching the rain fall. We had no hope that anyone would come in on such a gloomy day. A young family walked in and randomly asked us how they could get baptized in the church and who to talk to. Sorella Belarmino (my comp) and I literally had the biggest smile. What a bizarre miracle. We then took them inside the little house in the visitor center and explained to them about baptism and the process we can do to become baptized and the importance of what that covenant means. They then asked if they could go to the temple and we walked with them just to the waiting room in the temple and they automatically could feel peace. They live about 3 mins away from the temple. We then exchanged numbers and they plan on coming to church sometime. 

There was an elderly couple and their friend that came in and had so much time and repeatedly said they were curious and wanted to know everything. We took the time to explain about temples and the role of Jesus Christ. They then asked us about the Book of Mormon. We explained it is another testament of Jesus Christ that proves the Bible is correct and that Christ lives. They immediately got interested and wanted to buy the books. We shocked them when we told them that the books were free. They were so happy and exchanged numbers with us too and said they would see us next Sunday.

So many miracles in only 4 days. Our God is a God of miracles. The visitor center and temple truly attracts people.


Sorella Hyatt🇮🇹
My favorite car

Sorella Belarmino and I





My new bedroom


My desk

Sorella Manucci and I

The Brazilians!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission week 70 in Italy

This past week was my second to last week in the mission field. I have been trying to work my hardest I want to finish out My mission stro...